1. Re: Van Heijenoort's critique of Engels (Ralph Dumain)
  2. Van Heijenoort's critique of Engels (Hans G. Ehrbar)
  3. Van Heijenoort's critique of Engels (Charles Brown)
  4. Re: Van Heijenoort's critique of Engels (Ralph Dumain)
  5. Re: Van Heijenoort's critique of Engels (Ralph Dumain)
  6. Re: Van Heijenoort's critique of Engels (Choppa Morph)
  7. Van Heijenoort's critique of Engels (Charles Brown)
  8. Barkley Rosser's Home Page: Aspects of Dialectics  and
     Nonlinear Dynamics  (Charles Brown)
  9. (no subject) (Fred Feldman)
 10. Re: Van Heijenoort's critique of Engels (Ralph Dumain)
 11. Re: Van Heijenoort's critique of Engels (Ralph Dumain)
 12. Re: Power to the People ! ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
 13. Banks and Bonds ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
 14. Re: Power to the People ! ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
 15. Van Heijenoort's critique of Engels (Charles Brown)
 16. Power to the People ! (Charles Brown)
 17. Re: Van Heijenoort's critique of Engels (Oudeyis)

Mathematics is always founded in practice and reality one way or the other. It is necessarily dialectical because all human reasoning can be seen as a dialectical process. It is the extent to which one makes it dialectical is what is more important. Actually I work on formal dialectical logics and the measures of the 'more important' too. ..and there is a lot still to be done.

Coming to Marx's mathematics, I did know about the connections with nonstandard analysis also (not my field). But the connections with constructivism are also fairly obvious. In fact Marx can be seen as somebody involved in founding the back-bone of modern computer science.

During Stalin's time they had free access to all the mathematics of the world, but some publications were restricted from going to the west. Their performance in research was very good.

A. Mani Member, Cal. Math. Soc