Evidently, Etta James agees with Ralph (smile)

http://h30405.www3.hp.com/print/pdf/2EJYDHE7CMAC/news

Etta James Doles Out Harsh ‘Last’ Words for Beyonce, Obama
(Feb. 5) - Etta James sure can hold a
grudge, that much is certain after the R&B
icon vented her gripes about singer Beyonce
Knowles and President Barack Obama
during a recent concert in Seattle.
The 71-year-old diva is steaming mad over
Beyonce’s performance of ‘At Last,’ her signature
tune, at Obama’s first inauguration
party. The President and First Lady
Michelle Obama danced to the legendary
ballad (see photos below). The fiery rant, in
which she threatens to beat up “that
woman” and openly mocks “the one with
the big ears,” has been leaked on TMZ.
Hear Etta’s Concert Ramblings:
“You guys know your president, right? You
know the one with the big ears?” she said to
the crowd, unsure of what lay ahead. “Wait
a minute, he ain’t my president, he might
be yours, he ain’t my president. You know
that woman he had singing for him, singing
my song — she’s going to get her ass
whipped.”
Beyonce played James on the big screen recently,
in ‘Cadillac Records.’ Now, we have
an idea what the elder singer thinks of her
movie version. She continued at the concert:
“The great Beyonce. I can’t stand Beyonce,”
she told the crowd. “She has no business up
there, singing up there on a big ol’ president
day, gonna be singing my song that
I’ve been singing forever.”
James is best known for ‘At Last,’ released
in 1961 on Chess Records, but she has
scores of other hits including ‘Trust in Me’
and ‘Fool That I Am.’
Beyonce ruffled the sequins of another diva
last year when at the Grammy Awards she
introduced Tina Turner, and not Aretha
Franklin, as “The Queen.” Her royal highness
the Queen of Soul was not pleased by
the diss, and called it a “cheap shot.”