The Imperial War Museum was set up in 1917 by the very same generals and
politicians who had helped start the global conflagration. But it wasn’t
victorious generals and politicians that ended the conflict, it was striking
workers and mutinying soldiers.

By autumn 1918, many German soldiers became so disillusioned with the war that
they refused to fight. Earlier, there had been similar rebellions in the
Russian and French armies. And, by 1919, there were even mutinies in the
British Army.
Hopefully the Imperial War Museum exhibition will cover these inspiring events
in detail. But, in case they need some help, we will be commemorating the real
history of the war from 10am to 2pm, Saturday 19 July, near the museum
entrance. (The IWM is on Lambeth Rd. SE1 6HZ, near Waterloo and Lambeth North
stations.)
Come and visit the new exhibition and then join our anti-war commemoration!

For more information about the ‘Remembering the Real WW1’ project see:
http://therealww1.wordpress.com/
Email: thereal...@riseup.net

Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu