I paid my occasional visit to Angry Arab and noted with agreement his
comment on the photograph of Tariq Abu Khdeir after his brutalization by
the Israeli army.  The Angry Arab commented that the photograph would not
be shown in the USA.

I thought that in all probability he was correct and of course I have no
idea of how the attack on Tariq  is being covered in the USA.

You can imagine my astonishment when last nite I saw protracted coverage of
the beating meted out to Tariq and coverage of an interview he gave.

Only once before have I seen coverage of the Israelis doing their evil
thing.  That was a clip from a Swedish documentary and it showed Rabin's
injunction to "break their arms and legs" being carried out with clinical
precision.  Israeli soldiers wielded rocks against an Arab stretched out on
the ground.  The clip was shown over a decade after the incident and there
was no commentary or contextualization.

Now we see Tariq being savagely beaten.  Why are we being permitted to see
this? Even the most token of coverage of Palestine would show the world
what a beast has been created there. But we have never been allowed to see
a fraction of the murderers' dirty work.

My own guess is that this is a slight attempt to pressure Netanyahu from
the Americans to push him towards a more accommodating stance.
 I use the word slight with care. I have no illusions at all that the West
will in any way move to help the Palestinian cause. None.

Nevertheless, there would appear to be something of a change. Perhaps the
Israelis are about to find out the dialectics of victorying themselves to
death.

I profoundly hope so.

comradely

Gary