This is a very illuminating and informative article.

I have longed believed that Israel is dependent on the Egyptian leadership.
 Following the fall of Mubarak, I hoped that the Palestinian cause would
receive widespread support in Egypt and throughout the Arab world.

The Palestinian cause was popular throughout the Arab Spring. The Muslim
Brotherhood government, while more supportive of Hamas, still tried to
maintain links with the American camp, and that was the beginning of the
cour-revolution.

Now with the advent of Sisi and the Egyptian military as Egypt's rulers, it
is once more business as usual for the Israelis.  As could be expected the
Gaza strip is under attack again. Because he has an ally back in power in
Egypt,  Netanyahu can play hard ball and sabotage the two state solution.

He can also launch an attack on the Gaza strip. the Angry Arab has
published the photographs of the destruction caused and he rightly points
out that the victims will receive no favorable coverage in the NYT.  So yet
again the limits of what we are allowed to see have been reinforced.

Netanyahu is calling Obama's bluff. Needless to say, President "Yes we
can", won't do anything, and once again it is down to the Arab revolution.
It has been derailed, but none of the problems that gave rise to the
revolts have been solved.

comradely

Gary

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Dennis Brasky via Marxism <