On Jul 26, 2014, at 6:02 PM, Clay Claiborne via Marxism
<marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:

> On 07/26/2014 08:38 AM, Marv Gandall via Marxism wrote:
>> the US and EU have arguably done more to provoke the crisis than has Russia.
> Russia side of ledger:
>
> Thousands of "unmarked" Russia troops occupying Crimea.
> The annexation of Crimea by Russia
> The infiltration of thousands of Russian agents in east Ukraine to build
> a "separatist" movement.
> Providing armor and advanced anti-aircraft weapons to its military
> forces fighting in Ukraine.
> Filling its media with lies and fabrications about Ukraine
>    http://www.stopfake.org/en/russia-s-top-lies-about-ukraine-part-1/
>    http://www.stopfake.org/en/russia-s-top-lies-about-ukraine-part-2/
> Using the Russian air force against Ukraine
> Firing artillery into Ukraine.
>
> And on the US & EU side of the ledger we have what exactly?

Just a disinterested effort to bring to the Ukrainian people an open and
democratic political system such as in the US and a standard of living
comparable to that in Germany. If there is anything positive to be gleaned from
the present crisis it is that it has awakened the West to the the danger posed
by Putinite Russia’s imperial ambitions and led to related calls to strengthen
NATO, a defensive alliance originally founded to counter similar Soviet
aggression in Europe.