*The Revolutionary Confederation of Anarcho-Syndicalists - N. I. Makhno
(Революционная конфедерация анархо-синдикалистов им. Н. И. Махно),
established in Ukraine in 1994, was one of the most famous anarchist
organizations which emerged from the former Soviet Union. Platformist in
essence, the organization managed to assemble a cohort of vigorous
activists who wanted to adopt a strategic and responsible approach to the
question of achieving a libertarian society. The RKAS survived many
troubles, it was involved in the miners' strike and had several long-tem
projects, but it was not without its internal squabbles and splits. Over
the past year, however, the organization has been heard from less and less.
To find out what had happened to the RKAS, and also hear their opinion on
the current events in Ukraine, our Russia-based comrades of Autonomous
Action interviewed a comrade from the RKAS, Samurai.*

*What is the situation in Ukraine? Your assessment.*
A bourgeois national political revolution is taking place, against the
background of which Civil War and the ill-concealed intervention of the
neighbouring state are developing. I mean Russia. To put it simply. If I
were to use more lyrical words, life is flowing in two parallel realities:
people go to cafés, live their daily lives, children walk around, and in
the same place nearby – deaths, violence, hatred…

The situation is very difficult and it will last for quite a long time.
Perhaps a couple of years. The echoes will hardly ever subside at all.
Mutual confrontation and the split in society are growing deeper every day.
There is a tangle of contradictions and games of interests from the
political point of view. I wrote about this in my articles a good while
ago, at the time of Maidan and soon after it, and said in interviews to the
ADSR (Autonomous Action Social-Revolutionary) media channel and Radio RKAS
Libertaire back in winter. Since then, the situation has become even more
multilayered. A lot of things have proved to be true; new players have
apparently joined, some things became more obvious. Some foci have shifted.
But in general everything is going according to the scenario which I
predicted in the article “Baptism of Blood”. They laughed then at my
expectations… Now the split of the country and the Civil War are a simple
fact.

The processes taking place in Ukraine are only getting more complicated.
Here one has geopolitics and nationalism, economy and the social, and mere
saturnalia of passions.

Full:

http://www.anarkismo.net/article/27241
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu