> I assume that Vladimiro is saying that the USA sponsored ISIS. In fact,
> as the NYT reported today, the group is one part the reactivated
> al-Qaeda in Iraq, the jihadist group led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, and
> one part remnants of Saddam Hussein's officer corps. In other words, the
> people who were either blowing up Shiite mosques or setting off IED's.
> It is only in the weird world of the "anti-imperialist" left that such
> people can be regarded as having been cooked up by the USA.

I don't know what Vladimiro means by "sponsors," but how is that Saddam
Hussein's officer corps became remnants of Saddam Hussein's officer corps?  Was
there an Al-Qaeda in Iraq prior to 20 March 2003?

http://www.alternet.org/world/noam-chomsky-americas-sledgehammer-worldview-destroys-countless-lives-and-future-generations

Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu