This thread is a few days old, but if you'll indulge me, I feel compelled
to make a few quick comments.

You can criticize the conciliatory, faint-hearted pragmatism of Ibish's
political advocacy with all the polemical zeal you like--plenty of
reasonable ground to stand on there, wouldn't bother me.

But this:

*Anyway, comrades should know, in case you share the review elsewhere, that
> the reviewer is a dangerous guy*

is almost too comical to be invidious.

And while to cast a pall of mistrust over his scholarly analysis on account
of his positions on BDS, the one-state/two-state debate, etc. would be
specious under any circumstances, it becomes totally devoid of credibility
when the suggested alternative is Norman Finkelstein. Finkelstein is indeed
one of the finest scholars of the Arab-Israeli conflict, but comrades, *Ibish
and Finkelstein hold nearly identical positions on BDS and the one-state
solution*.

Pragmatic support for a two-state solution and constructive criticism of
BDS is not crypto-Zionism
<http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/11/still-not-a-zionist.html>. It
strikes me as ridiculous that Ibish, along with Finkelstein, Chomsky, and Walid
Kahlidi
<https://www.opendemocracy.net/arab-awakening/walid-khalidi/one-century-after-world-war-i-and-balfour-declaration-palestine-and-pal>
(!!!) are not infrequently be labeled Zionists for their views on these
matters.

I recommend checking out this debate
<http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/rizkhan/2010/10/2010101271912229716.html>
between Ibish and pro-BDS scholar (and former prof. of mine) Leila Farsakh.
Would that all such debates were so respectful and serious.
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu