While my article was meant to be an exposure of Obama's covert support for
Assad, this thread was about anything but. Instead it turned into a
discussion of whether US Marines could be among the best people or was I
comparing the Soviet Union to the Nazis and all sorts of garbage, but
really, their defense of the Soviet Union was a defense of Stalin and their
defense of Stalin was as a practical matter, in a discussion that should
have been about the merits of my article in its main thesis, a defense of
Obama without ever addressing it as such.

So I find it interesting, and by no means a coincidence, that those on one
side of this argument have long argued that Obama was an enemy of Assad,
even though their arguments. as long and verbose as they were, spoke to
anything but.

Still, I believe they won this round, even if I believe they feel short in
the individual arguments because their purpose was to create a diversion,
to obfuscate and waste the time of revolutionaries who's time should have
been much more productively used in educating honest people rather than
trying to win arguments with those absolutely committed to their
underhanded defense of imperialism.

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291