#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

andrew, if i contributed to a misunderstanding, i apologize. i don't know if
charlie hebdo is islamophobist or not. i don't really even like that term and
try not to use it.

separately, i looked at some of their cartoons and found them provocative at
best. given the large arab muslim population in france, i consider their
publishing of them to be race baiting, just as i would find klan cartoon
depictions of black religious practices race baiting in selma, alabama.
nevermind that i am not religious, believe religion to be a great blight and
might even privately laugh at satiric depictions of religion. most people are
religious and there is little to gain in rubbing their nose in their folly. at
best it's bad manners.

and yes, i question charlie hebdo's motivations in publishing the cartoons and
subsequently any claim they have to being of the "left".