#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

First of all, Charb’s family discounts the relationship claimed by Bougrab.
They may be wrong, or perhaps just embarrassed by any idea that he was
associated with a Sarkozy minister, but I think people should be aware that it
is contested.

Second, I’m totally unsurprised that Coates gushes about the position taken by
some politically degenerate, Islamophobic tankies, but who in their right mind
defers to L’Humanite?

Third, I’m equally unsurprised by his total failure to engage with any of the
criticisms made of the specific Islamophobic content, which was plentiful.
This is because, I think, Coates is himself an Islamophobic racist who
basically sees no problem with cartoons about goat-fucking Muslims, or the “sex
jihadists” hoax, or the cartoon recapitulating the ‘Mohammed is a paedo’ myth.