#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I was disappointed that the thoughtful and leftist Belgian film “Two Days, One
Night” was not nominated for Best Picture. I’ve seen most of the nominees and
this was my favorite. However, Marion Cotillard was nominated for Best Actress
for her role as a factory worker who must convinced her fellow workers to
forego their bonus or else lose her job.

Instead, American Sniper was selected, Clint Eastwood’s hero worship of a
killer who wrote in his memoirs:

“I couldn’t give a flying fuck about the Iraqis” and “If you see anyone from
about sixteen to sixty-five and they’re male, shoot ’em. Kill every male you
see.”

Glenn