#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

John

What I think Abbott is trying to do is to heal the rift between the
conservatives and the right wing radicals.  The problem for neo-liberals
has always been how to bring the conservative majority along with them.
Crap about law and order and anti-gay propaganda usually suffice.

What Abbott is doing is to play the royal card.  Recall the Menzies speech
in 1963 at Parliament House in front of the visiting Royalty and his
incredible grovel of  the quote from the Elizabethan poet Thomas Ford -"I
did but  see her [The Queen] passing by and yet I love her till I die"?

Abbott's gesture of knighting the Duke is the royal grovel again.  But it
is farcical because conservative Australia has moved on, not by much, but
beyond the Royal grovel.

comradely

Gary

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:16 PM, John Passant via Marxism <