#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Ken Hiebert via Marxism
<marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
  . . .
> Whatever Stalin thought he was achieving at the time, this massacre has
> poisoned relations  between Russia and Poland for decades. . .

Of course it isn't like Russian-Polish relations were rosy before
then.   We can start way back before the 1790s partitions that
resulted in Poland being completely wiped off the map, the majority
becoming part of the Russian empire.  We can jump forward to the
Poland-Soviet Russia war of 1920-21, followed in later 20s and 30s
with Stalin's pruning and purging of the Communist Party of Poland
until he liquidated the leadership and finally dissolved it in 1938.
This cleared the way for the Stalin-Hitler pact of August 1939
secretly dividing Poland between Germany and the Soviet Union and
opening the way to WWII.