#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Buck up, Louis!

*Mrs. Singer*: He's been depressed. All of a sudden, he can't do anything.*Dr.
Flicker*: Why are you depressed, Alvy?*Mrs. Singer*: Tell Dr. Flicker. It's
something he read.*Dr. Flicker*: Something you read, huh?*Alvy Singer*: The
universe is expanding.*Dr. Flicker*: The universe is expanding?*Alvy Singer*:
Well, the universe is everything, and if it's expanding, someday it will
break apart, and that will be the end of everything.*Mrs. Singer*: What is
that your business? He's stopped doing his homework.*Alvy Singer*: What's
the point?*Mrs. Singer*: What has the universe got to do with it. You're
here, in Brooklyn. Brooklyn is not expanding.*Dr. Flicker*: It won't be
expanding for billions of years yet, Alvy. And we've gotta try and enjoy
ourselves while we're here. Huh? Huh? Huh? *[laughs]*

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <