#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I suppose one should be immune from the vicissitudes of electoral politics,
but I reacted with dismay to the sight of another Tory victory.  Is there
ever going to be an end to them? there they are in their plummy voiced
splendor being voted into office by millions who will be their victims.

The other side is equally disgusting.  The spectacle now of the Blairites
emerging from under their rocks to say that the problem is that Milliband
took the party too far to the Left. What a sick joke!

There is comfort though in the role that the Scots, good on them, have
played.  They have put right wing Labour to the sword and I wish I had been
there to witness it. Hopefully Scotland will now build on this rejection
and become totally ungovernable until they are set from the from the Union.

The other source of comfort is the destruction of the Liberal-Democrats.
The smugness of Clegg was truly insufferable, but he is a good deal less
smug now.

Richard Seymour and Tariq Ali in their differing ways say the condition of
the Labor Party is terminal. One must be patient here of course, but
hopefully that demise will not be overly long delayed.

In the mean time our hopes shift to Podemos in Spain and Syriza's continued
attempt to hold out.

We shall see if the coming recession will be the final tipping point in
Europe.

comradely

Garyu