#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I love Foyle's war, well at lest the early  seasons. I have not caught much
of the later stuff.

It is interesting how there is still an element of resentment against the
Irgun especially for their blowing up of the King David Hotel and the
hanging of the two British Sergeants.  I actually met a man once who had
helped to cut the hanged men down.  He was still angry all these years
later.

Menachem Begin, the Irgun leader, was refused a visa to the Uk in 1955.
When he came to visit the UK in the 70s, he had to defend himself from
criticisms of his terrorist activities. Reportedly Thatcher found him
"difficult".

The Foyle coverage might be part of the gradual shift to a slightly
critical position of the Zionist State. Not though in the Murdoch Press.
He will remain to his dying breath a thorough reactionary and supporter of
all causes such as Zionism.

comradely
Gary

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Ken Hiebert via Marxism <