#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Having been subjected face to face to the raving, incoherent spittle-laced
yelling of JIm Robertson, on one occasion, in those long lost 1960's, and
having been physically attacked on another occasion decades later by a
Spartacist League member, Creegan [sp?] seems to me a pussycat in comparison.

That said, perhaps a red line is whether or not anyone uses a personal insult,
grounds for removal from any discussion group.

If someone wishes to write that some political view of mine is stupid, or will
lead inevitably to a reformist disaster, or is an accommodation to the swamp of
petite bourgeois veganism, fair enough.  That’s a discussion.  From time to
time I have expressed political views that were stupid.  Who has not?  Those
who bluntly pointed that out did me a service, painful as it was at the time.

If someone calls me stupid, or says I am a reformist disaster, or calls me a
petite bourgeois veganist, that's over the line.  Name calling is over the line
in any discussion group.  One warning would be sufficient.

Of course it is the option of the creator of a discussion group to set what
limits seem reasonable and proper.