#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 06/08/2015 05:01 μμ, A.R. G via Marxism wrote:
I think it would be interesting to compare, chronologically, Syriza's turn
toward Israel with its turn toward betraying some of its economic policy.

I am afraid it is more deep than that.
Back in August 2012 Shimon Peres had visited Greece. He did not fail to pay a visit at SYRIZA's headquarters:

http://www.kis.gr/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=447:shimon-peres-state-visit-to-greece&catid=12:2009&Itemid=41

http://www.timesofisrael.com/shimon-peres-in-greece-for-three-day-visit/

Surprisingly, Syriza has made no declarations in the press concerning the meeting. The official party's silence had raised a controversy. Journalists were asking around. The Syriza's reaction was some apologetic articles in the party's newspaper. In this sense Rena Dourou, now the regional governor of Attica, had wrote two newspaper articles one in "to ethnos" and another in "Avgi" SYRIZA's official newspaper, praising Peres "who has over the years expressed the left version of the Israeli political stage" and estimating that "today, the relations of Israelis and Palestinians are in a dead point. In favour of whom? Certainly in favour of the extremists on both sides"

https://ecoleft.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/%CF%84%CE%BF-%CE%B9%CF%83%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%AE%CE%BB-%CF%83%CF%84%CE%B7%CE%BD-%CE%BA%CF%8C%CF%88%CE%B7-%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%85-%CE%BE%CF%85%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%86%CE%B9%CE%BF%CF%8D/#more-20768

This had a serious impact on Syriza. Tasos kourakis, now the education deputy minister, among others, had then declared as of the meeting Peres-Tsipras: "That will be our future policy? No, I am not interesting in that kind of "responsible" diplomacy, which tomorrow will be our foreign policy"

iskra.gr, the site of left platform had even republished from "to ethnos" an almost polemic article by G. Delastic an ANTARSYA journalist although with a modest neutrality disclaimer

http://www.iskra.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9108:delastik-tsipras-peres&catid=81:kivernisi&Itemid=198

Obviously by now, almost three years later, they all have changed their minds. Nobody in Syriza has raised that kind of issue, not even after the referendum during the internal struggle. Apparently they agree with Kamenos and the bourgeoisie that foreign policy is a very serious matter to be left in the hands of a non right-wing government.

 JA