#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Wise probably deserves the $.  Under capitalism, high ranking people get
enormous compensation for failure. Here is a comment from The Confiscation
of American Prosperity (which someone told me is downloadable somewhere.

Within this corrupt culture of privilege, even the executives who run their
companies into the ground “deserve” lavish rewards. As Warren Buffett told
his
shareholders, “Getting fired can produce a particularly bountiful payday
for a
CEO. Indeed, he can ‘earn’ more in that single day, while cleaning out his
desk,
than an American worker earns in a lifetime of cleaning toilets. Forget the
old
maxim about nothing succeeding like success: Today, in the executive suite,
the
all-too-prevalent rule is that nothing succeeds like failure” (Buffett
2005).

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 7:53 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

530 898 5321