#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

on Dienstag, 18. August 2015 at 19:27, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

> has an unrealistic take on the amount of work it would take to modify
> Greek computer systems to handle a return to the drachma.

  Reading your article leaves me open mouthed unable to understand the problem
which you seem trying to solve. I can't see one.

  One would simply declare all bank accounts to be in the New Drachma instead
of Euro, and that's it. Either 1:1 or at a given exchange rate.

  Just as it happened in the other direction, when the national currencies
where converted by a given exchange rate (fixed a few years before) to Euro. In
the German case, the exchange rate was fixed to 1.95583 DEM/EUR. And the
account was changed from being made out in DEM to made out in EUR. The GDR
people had two changes in one decade, first from DDR-Mark to DEM, then from DEM
to EUR. Cash was changed by the banks in the given exchange rate.

  What the fuck are you fantasizing about?

  The only problem is to have the neccesary amoung of coins and bills in the
new currency, and producing that takes time.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms