#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The record is pretty clear on SPARTACUS, Trumbo actually had arguments with
Kirk Douglas over the script orientation, he wanted to keep with Fast's
original work and talk about McCarthyism but Douglas was on a secular Zionist
kick and wanted to make it about Israel. There is a Kubrick biography by John
Baxter that talks about this. Also remember that SPARTACUS was filmed in
Franco's Spain, so irregardless of Trumbo and Fast being Reds, Kirk Douglas was
not.

Best regards,
Andrew Stewart