#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I think that is a problematic position. In my perspective, capitalism as a
system is globalization of trade, the creation of trans-Atlantic
multi-national monopoly. And that goes back to one thing, the slave trade.
Before that there were market relations between various ports of call going
back centuries, obviously. But the Triangle Trade was the engine that drove
the creation of a globalized market that went way beyond anything that
existed before that and went into the realm of capital as opposed to cash.
Admittedly my view is Afro-centric as opposed to Euro-centric, mostly
because I believe that the scramble for resources has always been based
around Africa rather than Europe, but I think current events in the news
demonstrate Africa is still the center of world trading efforts, hence the
contention between China and Russia on the one hand and the US on the other.

--
Best regards,

Andrew Stewart