#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

*One of the issues being looked at by the *Imperialism study group* is
super-exploitation in/of the Third World.  Below are notes to the
discussion.  Walter asks that readers here keep in mind this is *not* an
attempt at a full analysis of super-exploitation; it is some notes
contributed to the study group discussion.  He (and the rest of us) are
keen to get feedback on any material from the study/discussion group, so we
look forward to people contributing to the comments section below.  We will
regularly be sticking up notes by study group participants and reports on
the study group.*

by *Walter Daum*, July 28

The term “super-exploitation” has often been attributed to Lenin, but I
have not been able to find it in his writings. The closest is this:
“sections of the working class in the oppressor nations receive crumbs from
the super-profits the bourgeoisie of these nations obtains by extra
exploitation of the workers of the oppressed nations.” ( “A Caricature of
Marxism and Imperialist Economism,” 1916.)

In this context, “extra exploitation” does not simply mean exploitation of
additional workers but rather deeper exploitation of oppressed workers;
hence the super-profits extracted. Lenin did often use the term
“super-profits,” but as we discussed this past weekend, that did not
necessarily mean profits extracted from capitalistically employed
wage-workers. In the above passage, however, that does seem to be what he
is referring to.

The specific term “super-exploitation” is of more recent origin, having
been introduced by Latin American Marxist economists in the 1960’s. I think
the originator was Ruy Mauro Marini.

*Defining the Term*

There have been basically two definitions of super-exploitation. One might
be called. . .

Full at:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/07/29/from-the-imperialism-study-group-notes-on-super-exploitation/