#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 8/11/16 8:56 AM, Andrew Pollack via Marxism wrote:
For those getting this on the ufpj list, I'm not interested here in a back
and forth with Assadists about the facts. I'm interested in intelligent
commentary on why FAIR has taken this reactionary stance.

For the same reason The Nation, Counterpunch, Salon, the LRB, ZNet and a thousand other zines and print publications do. They see Syria in the same light as they saw Iraq in 2003 or so. It is an intellectual, moral and political failure that helped to shape the GP's foreign policy. In some ways, it is analogous to the majority support on the left for Stalin in the 1930s when the New Republic, the Nation and Walter Duranty were publishing garbage. It takes a lot of backbone to swim against the stream and most people on the left seem to be invertebrates at this point.