#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

At 22:54 21-12-16 -0500, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

>The pinhead
Ben Norton's neo-Stalinist turn is complete. ...

>I might answer this jerk if I find the time.

Great! And while you are at it, perhaps you could ask him for an
explanation of the disclaimer he wrote on his blog:

http://bennorton.com/evidence-russia-hacked-us-election-donald-trump/

At the bottom is a video player with a segment of Al Jazeera’s “The
Listening Post" in which Norton speaks for about 1/2 minute. But below the
video player he includes this important warning:

> (Disclaimer: I do not endorse the segment on Aleppo in this episode.)

The Listening Post is just a program about the worldwide media, not
independent reporting. So it's hardly controversial reporting in and of
itself, and hard to argue with unless they had actually fabricated a media
clip played therein. The very short (less than 1 minute) segment on Syria
starts at 9:30. I can't imagine why in the world someone would need to
disassociate themselves from such reporting about reporting (and not any of
the other stories in that Al Jazeera program). Unless he is just allergic
to any independent reporting coming from Syria or even drawing attention to
it....

- Jeff