#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Cited in the Greg Grandin article -

"Historian Brad Simpson is critical of the concept of “deep state”; he
argues that it is “a way for people on the left to try and pathologize or
render conspiratorial the normal workings of executive branch agencies and
power vis-a-vis the foreign policy apparatus more generally. There are
policy currents and social constituencies (in industry, finance, etc.) that
find expression in particular agencies and factions of particular agencies,
and whose views are not all that hard to discern, even if they are
idiosyncratic.”)"

Much discussion on the Left about the "Deep State's" machinations against
Trump seems eerily similar to the discussion of Syria. In both cases, the
role of masses of people involved in protests are ignored as if they don't
exist as active participants. Almost FOUR MILLION PEOPLE marched against
Trump three weeks ago in the US. Meetings spontaneously called are
mushrooming all over the country, and people who never gave a damn about
politics are now consumed by it. 200 Republican officeholders are refusing
to attend town meetings in fear of their constituents, and very little of
it is being organized by the frightened and confused Democrats!

"Sometimes the revolution needs the whip of the counter-revolution!" - Marx

"Sometimes nothing happens for decades, and sometimes decades happen in
weeks!" -Lenin

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 6:29 PM, Gary MacLennan via Marxism