#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The time-honored pattern is for the media to save him whenever it looks too
bad.  Trump stirs people up and gets them watching the news shows--hence
increasing what they can charge for advertising.  This was what they did
leading up to the campaign, all through the campaign, and, thus far, in his
presidency.

The most recent of this was how eagerly they closed ranks to yowl about the
"reset" that was Trump's speech to the Congress.  According to Gallup and
Pew, his approval rating before the speech was down to 39%.  Using such BS
as online polls, etc., the media reported higher numbers.  They did much
the same to measure the impact of his speech, goosing the positive numbers
back up to around 58% thinking that the Orange Clown had become
presidential.  Their coverage of the issues is similarly skewered, largely
because the Democrats are as useless as a pile of pet rocks.

This is a roller coaster, then, and the lows will tend to dip a little
further before getting carried back up.  The worse he gets, the more
they'll talk about respecting the office and the country's need to not have
a failed presidency, etc.

The decisive issue, though, is going to be any major foreign policy
question in which his own financial interests are involved--or those of his
family or inner circle.  At that point, any competitors are going to take
the field and create an open breach in ruling class circles.  This being
the U.S., it will assume a different form publicly.  Probably the
traditional paranoia about the Russians . . . or Chinese . . . or maybe
even the North Koreans.

Solidarity,
Mark L.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 1:11 AM, Gary MacLennan via Marxism <