#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

As the Allied military forces approached cities occupied by one of the Axis
powers in World War II, those cities' workers launched uprisings to take
the anti-occupation struggle into their own hands.
Which meant that when the Allies entered the cities they found independent
forces unwilling to trade one occupier for another.
Unfortunately in each case the Stalinists who had usurped leadership of
those uprisings betrayed them.
I think we will see a similar dynamic beginning in Syria, that as the Assad
regime weakens, the workers of its cities will rise up to drive out all
tyrants and  imperialist occupiers.
Which means we have our work cut out for us to organize solidarity with the
grassroots forces who have stayed steadfast against Assad for six years,
and who have proven over and over again their desire and capability to run
their country themselves.
Victory to the FSA! Drop the anti-revolution arms embargo!