#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 5/20/17 9:15 AM, Nick Fredman via Marxism wrote:
Also I think it's wrong to make Syria an acid test anywhere, but it's
particularly incongruous to bring up now with regard to the Venezuelan
leadership, which for a long time has had a bad line on a number of
international issues including the genocidal treatment of the Sri Lankan
government towards the Tamil people.

I didn't say it was an acid test. In fact I unfriended probably 25 Syrian solidarity activists on FB, including Robin Yassin-Kassab, who violently disagreed with my vote for Jill Stein.

That being said, the Latin American left has a poor understanding of Syria. But then again so does the majority of the people writing for Greenleft and Links. That's the way it goes.