#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Comment on my review of "13 Minutes":

I like your ending about working class unity. I come from the CP tradition but I find we have much in common. My father helped found CP in early 1920s. I grew up hating Trotzkyists, but in many ways I find common ground with you and other flexible thinkers.

--Noyma Appelbaum (I am a male.) much experience in heavy industry. Now 89 years old, writing from ICU, recovering from pneumonia

---

Noyma Appelbaum was born on May 15, 1928 in Philadelphia, PA to Eastern European immigrants, Myer Epel and Esther Kaminsky. Myer immigrated from Lithuania in 1911 and Esther from Ukraine in 1913. Appelbaum’s parents were both radicals involved in the labor union movement. Appelbaum attended the Jewish People’s Fraternal Order schools in Philadelphia and graduated from Overbrook High School in 1945. In his youth, he was a member of the Young Communist League, American Youth for Democracy, and Young Progressive Citizens of America. He graduated from Temple University in 1949 with a degree in journalism. While at Temple, Appelbaum worked as a copy boy in the editorial department of The Philadelphia Inquirer from 1945 until 1948. He went on to write for the Pennsylvania edition of The Worker, the weekend edition of The Daily Worker. Appelbaum sometimes used the alias, Norman Anderson as a pen name when writing at The Worker under the tutelage of noted poet and journalist, Walter Lowenfels. After graduating from Temple, Applebaum spent many years working as an industrial worker in a myriad of factory jobs. He later became an educator and school administrator. Appelbaum married Ellen Tecosky in June 1949, and they had three children.

https://library.temple.edu/scrc/noyma-appelbaum-papers-and