#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

This guy is a piece of shit.

Spencer Sunshine spends almost all of his time using his "expertise" to
condemn what he calls "Left Anti-Semitism" and creeping Nazi infiltration.
According to Spencer Sunshine, virtually all of our organizing for
Palestine is anti-Semitic; referring to Israel as a "Zionist" regime is
anti-Semitic; condemning the Israel Lobby is anti-Semitic; rejecting
Israel's "right to exist" is anti-Semitic; suggesting that Israel has a
broader role and agenda throughout the Middle East is anti-Semitic; and so
forth. He says so in this ridiculous talk that he gave some years ago:
https://soundcloud.com/rosecityantifa2/spencer-sunshine-left-1

Spencer has also alleged that Ajamu Baraka, the Green Party VP candidate
was a purveyor of anti-Semitism, that rejections of his racist logic are
anti-Semitic, that writing off criticisms from Zionists is "anti-Semitic,"
and so on. After listening to him speak, it is difficult to see what
opposition to Israel *wouldn't *count as anti-Semitism.

Moreover, the talk is sponsored by Spencer's friends at Political Research
Associates, which, despite portraying itself as some kind of left-wing
anti-racist group, issues lengthy reports on "campus anti-Semitism
<http://www.politicalresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2014/06/CCC_May2014.pdf>"
and spreads pro-Israel propaganda. One of the things they've promoted is this
pamphlet
<http://www.buildingequality.us/prejudice/antisemitism/rosenblum/the-past.pdf>,
suggesting that anti-Semitism is everywhere and that for that reason, we
have to avoid making strong criticisms of Zionism, including the claim that
Zionism is racism.

You'll also notice that when discussing right-wing movements he explicitly
adds the qualifier "right-wing" to Zionism (as though that isn't at all
redundant) in order to salvage some forms of Zionism (like those he is an
apologist for).

He also has no real relationship to the Muslim community about which he
writes. Plenty of better sources to provide more useful commentary, I would
avoid signal boosting this person.

- Amith

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <