#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 2017-07-17 19:13, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

From the contrarian Sam Charles Hamad.

"The comparisons between the boycott movement vis-à-vis Palestine and the boycott movement regarding South Africa don't stand up. This is largely because the South African one was sanctioned and administered through the UN....."

Oh, is that our criterion now? The opinion of the UN??

"Let us wait to see if Ken Loach and others who want to speak for oppressed Arabs call for a boycott of the football world cup in Russia, as it enables and carries out genocide in Syria."

Well, not a terribly bad idea actually. And there are a lot of other legitimate boycott targets. I know I'm not going to have time to participate in each. But why on earth would I (or this author) go about trashing someone else's boycott campaign unless it was unfairly targeting a benign entity? If you don't think some sort of action is particularly valuable, then just don't participate, and perhaps think of something more useful. But leave it at that.

- Jeff

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/comment/2017/7/17/radiohead-playing-tel-aviv-no-worse-than-playing-america