#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

My interview with a spokesperson: (
https://archive.org/details/Pokanoket-Brown-Reclaim)(https://youtu.be/zYBX0TVOrJE
)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 20, 2017

Contact: 401-280-6200 <%28401%29%20280-6200>, pometacomc...@gmail.com

Pokanoket Nation Establishes Encampment to Reclaim

Spiritual Highgrounds from Brown University

Sunday August 20th 2017 Bristol, RI -  The heirs and people of the
Pokanoket Tribe/ Pokanoket Nation gather at Potumtuk, at the Seat of the
Massasoit, to Pray for the Healing of the Land and to Restore the land to
its Rightful Stewards. On Sunday afternoon over 50 members of the Pokanoket
Nation along with allies have established a long term encampment to reclaim
the land from Brown. The encampment has been named the Po Metacom Camp.

The Pokanoket Tribe of the Pokanoket Nation, the Headship Tribe of the
largest Aboriginal Nation in Colonial time, has reclaimed their land right
at Potumtuk (look out of Pokanoket)  the seat of the massasoit to
repatriate lands that were illegally taken from the rightful ownership and
control of the Pokanoket Tribe for the past 371 years.

Brown University does not have an Aboriginal Title to the land, given that
King Philip’s ancestral line has never signed over their right to the land.
The tribe has used the law and legal avenues to to make known their legal
standing and rightful land ownership of the Pokanoket Nation. Response to
their communications have been delayed for too long.

In 2015 the Pokanoket Tribe raised the Pokonoket Flag declaring their right
to the land. The Tribe has a lawsuit seeking pending against the town of
Bristol and the State of Rhode Island and has recorded Public and
Constructive Notices to tho the town of Bristol.

As a result of the ongoing neglect of the environmental needs of Sowams and
due to the Tribe’s historic significance to and aboriginal relationship
with the land, the Pokanoket tribe is taking the lead to ensure that Sowams
is properly reconstituted to its pristine, healthy and productive
environmental state, creating a sustainable habitat for the local wildlife
and surrounding local community.

“We as aboriginal citizens have been denied our birthright to our family’s
land, our sovereignty rights, therefore states and powerful organizations
have held our wealth over and over to the point that they believe it is
their natural gift and natural right to have our property.” Sagamore
William (Po Wauipi Neimpaug) Guy Pokanoket Tribe/Pokanoket Nation

The Pokanoket Tribe are the people who welcomed the Pilgrims, who were
seeking religious freedom, to this country. Yet the Pokanoket cannot
practice their own spiritual and cultural traditions without having to ask
permission to gain access to their own ancestral lands.

The Pokanoket Tribe will be accepting Public Support in the form of camping
supplies and through online donations.

###

--
Best regards,