#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

In Australia, the "threat" of the far right as represented by Pauline
Hanson's One Nation performs, I would argue, the function of the Bad Cop to
the Good Cop.  We are meant to soil our pants at the thought of a
groundswell to One Nation and so we miss, for instance, the clear and
present danger that both political parties are committed to neoliberal
economics (though Labor are showing small signs of movement here).

During the term of the Federal Labor government (1983-1996), the bad cop
was the so-called New Right which we were all supposed to be terrified of
while the Federal Labor Party put in place the key elements of the
neoliberal program. The Trade Union movement went along with the Labor
government and not surprisingly has gone into precipitous decline.

comradely

Gary

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <