#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

"A blow to Trump"?? What has Juan been smoking? Trump has made clear
he wants Assad to survive; and the US is allied to the SDF. So since
the US didn't want to confront NATO member Turkey in Afrin, I'm sure
Trump will be good with this.

Of course, this is yet another reason the participation by some rebels
in Turkey's attack on Afrin is a very bad thing. But then again, the
regime is also extremely unlikely to actually heed the call, I think
the regime is quite happy to see rebels and Kurds kill each other.

As for the PYD calling for Assad to "protect Syrian sovereignty", yes
it's a laugh, but at least we can say they are doing it under
pressure. I wonder what excuse for Noam Chomsky and a dozen or so
other left celebrities calling on such famous non-violators of Syrian
sovereignty as ... Iran, Russia and the US ... to "protect Syria's
sovereignty"!! One wonders why they didn't call on that other famous
non-violator of Syrian sovereignty, Israel, to join in as well.