#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

 Lou Wrote: This thread on Corbyn et al is getting repetitious. I suggest
that comrades compose a final statement on it and then we move on.

I hear what you are saying Lou but it was good to see the list expand
beyond Trump and the ME. I had started something last night on the evil of
antisemitism but did not feel that I had much to offer beyond what was
canvassed in the thread.

I was interested in your comments (negative) about Corbyn's advisor Seamus
Milne.  He seems though to have a high reputation among the Novara Media
mob whom I follow.

What did interest me was that in the middle of all the fracas Corbyn pulled
off what was by all accounts his best parliamentary performance at PMQT.
Significantly he chose to attack the Tory Government around their treatment
of the mentally ill.

For me that indicates the central weakness of the Right in the Tory and in
the Labour Party at this juncture.  They have no good news to give.  Ditto
for Australia BTW. Accordingly, they can only offer the politics of
distraction. But the politics of distraction does not "put food on the
family" as George Bush might have said.  I suspect in terms of the UK that
outside the MSM and the Westminster Political caste no one gives much of a
damn about a mural -vile and all as it absolutely was.

If I am correct the local election on May 3rd will prove a watershed when
the Tories suffer a well deserved political thrashing.

What then will the Right of Labour do?  Apparently they call themselves the
"kamikazes".  Not the most hegemonic of nicknames I would have thought.
Will they split from the Party?  If they do so their careers will end in
inglorious ignominy. The SDP split in 1981 took place and was part of the
combative phase of neoliberalism.  While he was at the Treasury in 1970 the
Friedmanites in the Bank of England were already beginning to influence
Jenkins, the SDP leader.

The primary intent of the SDP split was to defeat Bennism and it succeeded
in that. But we are in a different phase now. Neoliberalism is no longer
normative and has instead entered a phase of irrational punitive doubling
down.  If the Blairites split now their fate would even be worse than that
of Roy Jenkins and co.

So the UK remains for me the fulcrum of my hopes for a better world. And
Corbyn seems to be still in the game

comradely

Garyn

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 3:58 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <