#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I have no love for John McCain. But I do know an end of an era when I see
one.

There was, once upon a time, such a thing as principled conservatism, in
Britain and America. Their principles weren't ours, but they were real.

John McCain was an imperialist, a naked supporter of capitalism, a racist.
The list goes on and on, and I won't defend him.

However, his brand of conservatism is being replaced by a new kind of right
wing authoritarianism. He, Bush and Palin undoubtedly contributed to
creating the conditions that produced this state of affairs. But it is
different.

Tim N

On Mon, 27 Aug 2018, 17:40 Louis Proyect via Marxism, <