#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

This notes the early days of the Syrian revolution outside YPG-controlled
areas but then writes as if as soon as it militarized it was "extremism":
"The regime responded in kind, laying the groundwork for extremist groups
to legitimize themselves as protectors of the people while mobilizing
Syria’s youths under the banner of radical ideologies."
and then goes on to list all kinds of claims about positive developments in
YPG-controlled areas as opposed to the "chaos" implicitly imputed to the
rest.
First, the other areas were more chaotic--why? Because they were bombed
consistently by Assad and the YPG controlled areas were not.
Second, the other areas still had positive developments, including voting,
and this editorial makes no effort to connect with them, instead
contrasting itself to them.
This is irresponsible. It is selective solidarity. It is a failure.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 5:43 PM Chris Slee via Marxism <