#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

There was a very telling exchange at one point where MSNBC was interviewing
Jill Stein.  The script centered on her visit to Moscow (a dunderheaded
idea), but stein pointed out all the myriad ways in which the system
(including the "liberal media") stacked the deck in Trump's favor.

The commentator cut her off with the comment, "yes, but what we're
discussing here is Russia."

If we consider Putin that the oligarchs as part of the same game that the
oligarchs here at home play with electoral politics, it's quite possible to
see both the decisive role of Russia in tilting the election and the way
that this is used as a distraction from the broader questions about the
game itself.

I think we should condemn Putin for his role in stealing the election
process as thoroughly as we should condemn the Koch brothers and others
who've regularly done the same thing.