#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Things are a bit more complicated.

"Khashoggi Picked the Wrong Prince" - well, yes, he picked the one who is the most reactionary, most Trumpian, most dangerous, in short, a bulwark of the Arab counterrevolution.

"he was a loyal member of the Saudi propaganda apparatus" - well, not loyal enough obviously as he criticized the Yemen war, repression against women activists, etc.

It is true that Western media are sympathetic to Khashoggi.This is a) because he was one of them to a certain degree (columnist of Washington Post) and b) because many liberals hate Trump (and MbS is Trumps' man in the Arab world).

Of course, as Marxists we have a very different agenda than the liberals. But it is good (and not bad) if the liberals are forced to attack the most arch-reactionary enemies and to defend a moderate semi-liberal (like Khashoggi). This is particularly true if people like Khashoggi are slaughtered by the arch-reactionaries not because they were not left-wing enough but because they were not right-wing enough. (I hope my English is sufficiently understandable!)