#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

This is indeed an interesting interview. It raises, among others, two questions.

1) The SDF commander Ebu Omer Idlibi says that the revolution started as as a progressive uprising for democracy but was hijacked by Turkey and jihadists in 2012. So why did the YPG not lift a finger to join the popular revolution in 2011?

2) The report also says that the commander (and his militia, I assume) fought against the regime until 2014. So does this mean that he/they stopped fighting the regime since then?

The SDF commander also criticizes the Sochi Deal. But what is his alternative? Could it be an attack by the regime (with the SDF's help)?