#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Is it that comrades cannot afford to buy Michael Roberto's book? As director of
Monthly Review Press, let me offer this: If you can't afford the book, send me
an email at mikedjya...@msn.com, and I will purchase it for you. Then, maybe
later, make a small contribution to Monthly Review. We try to keep prices as
low as possible, at least for paperbacks. We routinely give publishing  rights
without charge to Presses in the Global South, mainly in India, so that friends
there can translate our books into Hindi, Bengali, or maybe one or two other
languages spoken by large numbers of people. These books are then sold for very
low price. This is happening now with my book, Can  the Working Class Change
the World?