#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I think Andrew Stewart's excellent and considered reply to Philip
Ferguson's  sharing of  a transphobic POV needs to be celebrated.

GLW also has extensively covered the debate in support of transgender
& intersex rights.

https://www.greenleft.org.au/topics/transgender-intersex-rights

I think it's a no-brainer...as to the side you should be on.

Sharing anti-trans politics (in the context of education debates in
Australia) needs a lot more substance  than what Andrew rightly calls
'straw men' arguments offered via Ferguson's link..

Pseudo-headings about 'Trans Ideology'  don't cut it, Phil.

For those interested in the topic, I recommend this site for an up
close  & personal POV about, what I'd call, reality -- rather than be
ruled by phobic notions:
http://www.howtobeagirlpodcast.com/

dave riley