#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

"I don't understand why you don't understand.  Leftists should not
be associated with neo-Nazi websites in any capacity."

I'm not disagreeing with that. Unz is politically poisonous.

I'm disagreeing that the blame lies on leftists for his publishing
decisions, as though they have control over what he says or does, and
separately disagreeing that it is an important matter because Unz himself
(like LaRouche) is unimportant.

I still recall the attempt by David Duke to "endorse" Charles Barron's
Senate run. It caught Barron blind-sided and suddenly Barron had to
explain, bizarrely, that he is not, in fact, a friend of Nazis. One would
think that would be clear given that Barron is black and a militant
leftist, and one might also wonder why the news cameras were paying any
attention to David Duke in the first place given his complete and utter
insignificance, but lo and behold, the Barron campaign was torched using
David Duke's kiss of death.

That Finkelstein's works get published by Unz is gross, but hardly grosser
than the fact that Finkelstein's work (and Chomsky's before him) also had
regular play on less prominent Nazi websites including Holocaust Denial
publications. What you are saying makes it seem like it's their burden to
somehow go out of their way and trawl through the shadiest corners of the
internet to get those writings removed because right-wing extremists choose
to appropriate them for their own purposes, as though they ever sent in
their endorsement in the first place. I don't agree with that.

ARR's article, which isn't about any of these people, takes the association
game to a new extreme.