#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

By Paul Buhle.

Never mind. Author Joe Broadmeadow, a cop retired from work in deeply blue collar East Providence, has been writing crime novels until now. This is his venture into new territory, and he does it well.

I am rather surprised to find myself in the story. Back in middle 1980s, a Humanities grant sent me to the Adult Correctional Institution (ACI) to teach and dialogue on….a current crime novel about Rhode Island! Actually, it was a rather poor novel, better forgotten, but the prisoners’ reading group relished attacking it. The novelist, a big city sophisticate, had spent a short time in Providence and “didn’t understand” anything about the way they thought about crime or life. They made a convincing argument.

full: https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/02/22/life-and-crime-in-blue-collar-rhode-island/