#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I am far from an expert on France or French politics and so was very
pleased to see Badiou's thoughts on that movement.  But I cannot say I
agree with his conclusions. I suspect that his characterisation of the
movement is fairly correct when it comes to their reactive nostalgic
nature. But to condemn them for not waving the red flag seems to me to be
highly sectarian. Whatever the nuances of their politics the fact is that
they are being brutalised each weekend by the State and that moves me to
sympathy at least.

Clearly they are a contradictory formation, but surely if one was in France
one would be supporting them at some level?

comradely

Gary