#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

This is a brilliant little snippet by Richard,. As always. I myself tend
though to think that in backing Johnson there is a clear sign that the
Tories intend to fight. Richard thinks they are not far sighted enough for
that. Maybe. But that is where we will end up even if only by default. The
model I believe is Macron's weekly battering of the gilets jaunes. That is
something that was unthinkable until it actually happened. No far sight was
involved, just Macron's options were to batter or to retreat and he chose
to batter. In itself that is a sign of the times we are in.

Johnson will be elected PM and he will batter. The domestic violence
episode will become the equivalent of Trump's "grab them by the pussies".

I keep thinking of the Heraclitus fragment "The god whose oracle is in
Delphi, neither conceals or reveals but gives a sign.
Comrades we are being given lots of signs by the ruling class.

comradely
Gary

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 10:55 PM Louis Proyect via Marxism <