#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Actually this particular biography has been widely critiqued, especially by
left anti-Maoists, for its sloppiness and fabrications. See in particular
"Was Mao Really a Monster?" edited by Lin Chun and Gregor Benton.
Everything written and edited by Benton is essential, both for his
documentation of Mao's crimes and for his gathering of Chinese Trotskyist
writings.